I love a simple Pancetta Fettuccine Alfredo recipe for days that I have put in some time behind my desk. There is nothing worse than having to think of something complicated after using all of my “complex” energy all day.
I have a few go to recipes that I have been sharing on my Instagram & TikTok; but I am going to compile them all here on the blog to take the thinking out of it for you. Simple ingredients, affordable and DELICIOUS. & of course, enough leftovers for lunch tomorrow because THAT is a priority for us working moms! Maximizing our time in every single way.
This Pancetta Fettuccine Alfredo recipe came to me from Pinterest. I was intrigued by the idea of using pancetta in an alfredo sauce since I normally do not like alfredo. Something about the ultra creamy consistency just doesn’t ever sit well with me in my stomach and never has. However I thought, maybe if I thin out the sauce with some pasta water, add a hearty meat, vegetables and seasonings, I can make this something I could enjoy. Especially since my husband loves a good Fettuccine Alfredo!
Pancetta Fettuccine Alfredo Ingredients:
- 1 package of pancetta (diced)
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 1 tablespoon of red pepper flakes (optional if you like spice, 1 teaspoon if you don’t)
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Fettuccine Alfredo sauce from Trader Joes (in the refrigerator section if you like fresh or a jar is just a fine!)
- 1 package of Fettuccine noodles
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- 1/4 stick of Kerry Gold Butter
- 1/2 tablespoon of cracked black pepper
- Salt to taste
Putting it all together in less than 10 steps:
- Saute the minced garlic and red onion together until tender in your olive oil with the red pepper flakes
- Add in the pancetta and cook until crisp
- Add in Alfredo sauce. 1/4 stick of Kerry Gold butter, salt, pepper and Italian seasonings.
- Cook pasta to al dente. Save 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Add 1/2 cup of pasta water to the alfredo sauce.
- Drain pasta and stir in the noodles to the alfredo sauce
- Allow to mellow on low for 5 minutes while occasionally stirring while you make garlic bread or a salad for a side.
Simple & enjoyable. What it always should be and never is when we need it to be! I was able to get all the ingredients for this recipe for less than $10 (most of them I had around the house, as I am sure you do too!). Next time you’re at the grocery store grab some pancetta, fettuccine noodles, alfredo sauce and VOILA!