I have been trying to stay loyal to the Keto diet & lifestyle but I won’t lie to y’all, I was struggling. Struggling to get my fats in, struggling to stay accountable to myself, struggling in general. I mean, bulletproof coffee is sooo good but I needed a change, especially since I have been trying to stay away from coffee lately and switch over to Bulletproof Matcha Lattes.
I have always loved tea, especially green tea since I was a kid. I swear if iced green tea is an option at a restaurant, I will drink it 10x over water and since I am not a soda drinker, it’s a no brainer. I love tea. I mean, my personal definition of a holy grail is sweet tea. Not the Arizona tea crap, but legit, homemade with real sugar southern style sweet tea.
So I needed to find a way to work tea into my Keto life while still getting in my fats.
Why am I doing Keto? So after months of trying to baby make, it just is not happening. I was thinking back on my habits when I did get preggo the last go round, and I was doing Keto.
DISCLAIMER: My miscarriage wasn’t from my diet, it was from my imbalanced hormones, specifically my lack of progesterone.
So yes, I hopped back on the Keto bandwagon in hopes that I can re-regulate my ovulation cycle, maximize the benefit of my Metformin, take control of my PCOS/insulin resistance and regain my mental clarity and focus that I so desperately need being an entrepreneur.
Anyways, so back to the my bulletproof matcha.
So I started Pinteresting as one does when they want to try something new and I stumbled across 536287282M recipes for bulletproof matcha but I struggled to find one that tasted great for me.
I am a picky bitch, I am not going to lie. I need all da flavor when it comes to diet food or else I will not stick to it. So like one does, I created my own recipe that I LOVE, that is still a little sweet, a little salty, and loaded with CLEAN and HEALTHY fats!
- 1 teaspoon of Matcha Powder
- 1 tablespoon of MCT Oil
- 1 tablespoon of KerryGold UNSALTED Butter
- 1 scoop of Vanilla Protein Powder (of your choice, make sure its low carb)
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of Stevia (sometimes I add 1 whole teaspoon just because I want it a little sweeter) or 1/2 teaspoon of Monk Fruit Sweetener
The Mix –
- Boil 3-4 cups of hot water in a pot while you put together the other steps
- In a Nutribullet or other blender, combine MCT, Butter, Protein Powder, Vanilla Extract, Heavy Whipping Cream and Stevia.
- Blend to break up some of the butter.
- In a separate large cup (I use my 4 cup measuring cup from Purex) combine matcha and hot water and whisk until powder is completely blended.
- Pour the matcha over the blender combo from step 2 and pulse until frothy and smooth.
- Carefully, so you don’t burn yourself, pour into a mug of your choice & enjoy!
- This usually makes 2 servings (depending on your cup). I will save the rest of the batch for later and just reheat in the microwave!
Benefits of Matcha –
- Packed with antioxidants
- Boosts your metabolism
- Detoxifies your bod effectively & naturally
- Calms & relaxes the mind & body
- Rich in fiber, chlorophyll & vitamins
- Enhances mood & concentration
That last one is a GAME CHANGER if you’re on your hustle. Success is 99% mindset in my personal opinion and if you are having a hard time concentrating, setting goals and accomplishing them; then you aren’t maximizing you potential.
This blog post contains Amazon affiliate links in which I get commission for.