via Jenny J. Fitness
Mmmm..I absolutely love goat cheese! I never buy it either so it was definitely a treat to make this the other night paired with other delicious ingredients such as apples, cranberries, walnuts, and avocado! It is jam-PACKED with good-for-you nutrients and will keep you full and satisfied!
We decided to opt out on the chicken because we had another protein dish on the side, but feel free to use chicken (or any protein of your choice) to make it a fully balanced meal.
- 1 bag baby kale (about 6-8 cups)
- 1 granny smith apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, diced or sliced
- 2 leftover grilled chicken breasts (8 oz), diced into cubes
- 1/4 cup walnuts halves (1 oz)
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread walnuts on baking sheet and toast in oven for 8 minutes until fragrant and golden.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool, then chop into small pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and dijon mustard together until smooth and well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss kale, apples, grapes, and cranberries together.
- Pour dressing over the fruit and lettuce and toss again to combine.
- Top salad with goat cheese, avocado, chicken and toasted walnuts. Serve immediately.
This sounds so good! I absolutely love goat cheese but it kinda fell of the radar lately.
It really has!! I love goat cheese on my avocado toast with a drizzle of olive oil and lemon!